REC is a privately-owned consulting firm based in Perth, Western Australia. Formerly established as MHA Geotechnical, the ongoing requirements of our mining and resource clients drove the expansion of our capabilities into all aspects of resources development, from a resource definition and PFS level through to detailed design, construction, operation and closure.
“Our team includes engineers (civil and geotechnical), environmental scientists and hydrogeologists.”
With a commitment to quality, safety and technical excellence, we specialise in creating tailored solutions at every stage of a project lifecycle while delivering sustainable bottom-line results.
Our services include:
- Tailings and mine waste management, including site investigation, design and construction of infrastructure (plant sites, heap leach facilities, roads, railways and airstrips and TSFs)
- Geotechnical design and modelling, including stability, seepage and deformation for construction and excavations, and tailings beach modelling using Muk3D
- Hydrogeological and environmental engineering, specialising in ground water contamination and water management
- Construction and project management, including Level 1 Earthworks Supervision, material QA/QC and laboratory testing
- Resource estimation and development, including pre-feasibility, feasibility and definitive feasibility studies
- Mine surveying and mapping, including aerial surveying
- Open pit and underground mine design and planning, including scheduling and optimisation.
A focussed, customised approach
We focus on the unique needs of each of our clients and become a natural extension of your team. We understand the ‘stop start’ nature of the industry and have the flexibility to speed up or slow down as required. We enjoy honest, straightforward conversations with our clients, where problems are solved promptly, and your best interests always come first.
Governance + Safety + Accreditations
Our team place safety at the forefront of everything we do. Nothing is more important than making sure that every team member can carry out their work in a safe environment.
We are also fully accredited and actively support the evolution of our industry.